We are a non-profit organization registered in the state of Washington.
- To spread Shirdi Sai Baba’s philosophy and teachings, Shraddha (devotion) and Saburi (patience).
- The Sai Age and be a part of Sai-ism, as He is the Master of the Age.
- Spread the message of love, purity and sanctifying the lives in the service of Lord Shirdi Sai.
- To promote qualities of humankind’s ideals of quality, coexistence, selflessness, and extend a helping hand to the poor and the needy in times of distress
- To make people aware of our revered Guruji Shri C. B. Satpathy’s teachings, work, events on the Global Sai movement.
- To extend our hands of compassion to the needy in the society by participating in charitable activities and community services.
- To promote cultural activities in the community.
What we do:
- Daily Aarti (Every Thursday and Saturday, we also hold a Sai Sandhya with Baba’s Aarati followed by a meditation session at the temple. The atmosphere in our temple is wonderful. After Baba’s Sandhya Aarati, we play Baba’s devotional songs. Each of our songs is a prayer in itself and sometimes the lyrics move the heart and soul as they endeavour to heal and inspire us from within and become better human beings.
- Bi-weekly Parayan/Satsang (First and Third Thursday evenings of every month) – We hold recital sessions on “Guru Bhagawat” or “Sai Satcharitra” as well discuss and exchange learning from Baba’s teachings.
- We do food and clothes drives to help distribute among the poor and needy
Charitable works and why we do them:
When we consider overwhelming problems regarding poverty, education, child labor, hunger, health care and more in our own community (or city, country or world at large), many among us feel deep sorrow but conclude there is nothing we can do. We feel powerless to stop it with individual capacity as the scale of problems is so immense. While such despair is understandable, the facts tell a very different story. There is nothing small or big when it comes to GIVE. It is about with how much love we give. Every single help or charity from you matters as when pooled together, its impact is significant and huge! We, the volunteers of "Shirdi Sai Dham, Bellevue", are highly influenced by Shirdi Sai Baba’s teachings on compassion and charitable giving (in lot of ways it was the blueprint of His life!).
Baba has always encouraged charity and stressed the importance of sharing. He urged His devotees and followers to lead a moral life, to help others, and to love every living being without any discrimination. Through His own actions as an individual, He demonstrated how this could be done and showed that it was within the reach of the common man to demonstrate this level of compassion. For example, He often treated the sick and injured. He prepared food for His visitors, especially the poor. In His presence, all castes sat together on the ground. No one had an elevated position.
He advised: “Unless there is some relationship or connection, nobody goes anywhere. Therefore, if any men or creatures come to you, do not discourteously drive them away, but receive them well and treat them with due respect. Shri Hari (God) will certainly be pleased if you give water to the thirsty, bread to the hungry, clothes to the naked, and your verandah to strangers for sitting and resting. If anybody wants any money from you, and you are not inclined to give, do not give, but do not bark at him or her like a dog.”
This compassionate message was not just communicated orally; Shirdi Sai Baba demonstrated it through His every action. So we thank you in advance for all your help and effort!
Monthly Charitable Volunteering
Please let us know if you are interested in participating in our monthly charitable activities. We do monthly food and cloth drive for the needy every 2nd Sunday of each month. You can participate in the following way either for a month or few months or on long term basis:
- You may provide food and drop off at the temple
- You may donate clothes
- You may volunteer to drive and deliver
- or sign up for all